[Dailydrool] Mommy's Baby Bogart is at rest

Sharon Novy sharonnovy at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 07:14:25 PDT 2011

I mostly lurk on the drool and occasionally post.  I feel like this
community can really understand my despair so I am reaching out for prayers.

It is with the heaviest of hearts that I write that Bogart Novy went to the
Rainbow Bridge Thursday April 21, 2011 at 10:45 am at the age of 13 ½.  He
was my “heart” dog and the very reason I hooked up with Basset Rescue.   I
adopted him from the ladies who were in the process of starting AZBHR at the
time.  He was 8 months old and suffered from Pano.  (Little did I know that
was just the start of our vet bills but he was worth it.)  He loved to wear
hats and was Mr. Personality Plus.  He was always very vocal in talking to
me, and I always knew what he was asking for ie: a walk, a cookie or just a
pet even when my husband didn’t.    He and I attended the very first AZBHR
Howl O Ween and many events thru the years after.  He loved to pose for
pictures and thus he was on several Daily Drool calendars, an AZBHR
calendar, in books, and all over my home and photo boards.  When he attended
dog training as a young boy to work on manners, our trainer, an ex AKC
judge, called him “An excellent specimen of his breed!”  We always joked
with him about that.

In his days, he saw James and I get married, welcomed two baby boys,
welcomed 2 labs, said goodbye to one lab, welcomed Toby into the fold and
tolerated a few fosters along the way.   He lived in an apartment at first
then finally moving to two houses.  He made each home his own.  He slept at
my side or my feet everyday of those 13 years, truly a Mommy’s boy in every
sense of the word.  He had many medical ailments along the way which earned
him another nickname “Million Dollar Baby.”   On his last day, he finally
had such labored breathing that I couldn’t let him continue like that even
though as I cried in his fur he wagged his tail.  He knew my every feeling
and knew how to make me better with just a cuddle.  When I was pregnant, he
would sleep by my side with his head rested on my belly.  His expressions
were priceless when I was far along and the boy in my tummy would bop him in
the chin.  I couldn’t have asked for a better family member and he is deeply
missed.    I feel his sole is with God and I carry a huge part of him in my
heart always.

Rest peacefully Mommy’s boy!  I love You!

Sharon Novy

Chandler, AZ