[Dailydrool] Making dog treats

Vicki Kerns vickikerns at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 10:39:51 PDT 2011

Well, I just bought a food dehydrator on Ebay and am awaiting its arrival.
I've been reading some horror stories about dog treats. This was from back
in 2007 when all the dog food from China was poison, but it got me to
thinking. Now I look at the backs of every treat bag I buy to see where they
are made. I spend a small fortune on pre-packaged treats that are filled
with preservatives and who knows what else, so I'm going to try making my
own dehydrated chicken & beef jerky, plus some other things like sweet
potatoes, etc. Has anyone tried this? What kind of luck with it? Any recipes
to share?

--
Vicki Kerns
**