[Dailydrool] basset coats

Reed and Becky Pomeroy rebec at execpc.com
Fri Apr 29 09:32:30 PDT 2011

Momperson was right in what she said about bassets supposing to have short
hard coats.  That was an issue about exactly 3 (I think) years ago
when Mr. Pimpernoodle was just 6 months old and ready to be shown.
EXCEPT he had this coat.  It was like an akita's coat or maybe
a Siberian Husky.  Not long and flowing like any longhair I've seen
but  with gobs of undercoat and hard guard hairs sitcking almost
straight away from the boddy through the mass of underfluffies.  This
was not a hard smooth coat.  I hadn't had a coat like this before and
I wasn't quite sure what to make of it.  Anyway it was early May and
he began blowing his coat - BIG shed, losing both soft puppy coat adn
winter undercoat. I went to work on  him with a furminator and a
stripping knife and lo and behold, a real basset emerged from under all
that hair.  His guard hairs laid nice and flat on his body, and what
was left of his undercoat was well hidden as it should be.  So my
funnylooking boy became a handsome hound.  Oh, and he hasn't
grown back that weird coat since.

crazy basset lady
MAKE
DROOL NOT WAR

Please take time to visit these websites:
Rebec Bassets at
www.rebecbassets.com
Basset Buddies Rescue,
Inc. at www.bbrescue.org