[Dailydrool] Multiple hounds

Emily Davis Gareis earthyoga at aol.com
Mon Apr 11 19:47:45 PDT 2011

Pretty much all my adult life there has been at least two dogs in our house.  Always seemed to be better - giving them a little company.  In the last 8 years the most we've had has been 5 at one time.  And though we really didn't have any problems I think for us 4 is our limit (of course one never knows if a hound is in need!).  Right now Maggie, who is 7 likes her sleep - she and the beagle Princess spend most of their time snoring away!  Bailey and Laverene who are about 5 and 4 love to run and get into trouble.  But they too love their sleep time.  Bailey is the runt, but she is the loudest and she tries to intimidate all of the others - the rest of them don't pay very much attention to her because she is usually trying to protect her stuffed animal and all the others could care less about her toy!  Every once in a while there is a bit of a spat, but not often.  All in all they get along great - all girls too and I was a bit leary on that at first but I can say I don't have too many problems.  Trixie (ATB 6.25.10) was the Queen of the group, however now they kind of all take turns with that role.

Today on my way to teach I saw a basset being walked in downtown Canal Fulton OH and decided to stop and say hi!  Such a lovely gal - Chelsea - 101/2 and had some surgery to remove some lumps a month or so ago - she was adorable and just loved getting her ears rubbed.  I am such a sucker for bassets!

Healing drool for all in need!

Emily and the Gareis girls, Maggie, Bailey, LaVerne & Princess