[Dailydrool] Buddy the unplanned foster

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 11:23:25 PDT 2011

Well after 11 days in our home, Buddy is starting to get the hang of how
things go and now we are switching it up. Tomorrow evening he is taking an
8-hour roadtrip to his forever home in Northern California. The family he
is headed to recently lost their 8 y/o hound to a sudden shampoo allergy and
they are anxious to have a pack of 2 again. I am so excited that we've found
him a home so quickly, but I am also sad to say goodbye to this sweet old
grump. It would have been so easy for me to fail and keep him, but I know
that ultimately this is what is best for both him and my own 2 houndies.

My friends just happened to be heading that way and I was able to convince
them to let Buddy hitch a ride with them. I wish I could go too - to assure
his safety, well-being and adjustment; but I can't and I know rescues do
this all the time and that Buddy will be just fine. I just hope he doesn't
think I'm abandoning him and that he knows he is on his way to a better
life.

Please keep your fingers and paws crossed that Buddy arrives safely up North
and fits in well with his new family. They have not met him but I trust that
he will easily adapt since he has quickly fallen into step with our home in
such a short timeframe.

Sending drool to all,
Kacy with Cowboy and Rupert + Buddy the foster for 1 more day