[Dailydrool] Pierre Sr and Pierre Jr

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 27 09:47:24 PDT 2011

Hi Jackie,

You aren't crazy.  Well, maybe you are but if you are then there are more just
like you, myself included.  When we lost our Sugar Magnolia (Sweet Maggie) years
ago I wanted to go with her.  For 3 weeks I was beyond consolation.  Then we got
a call from Lab rescue about a lab in the county shelter that they were going to
put down because he was a hunting dog that hadn't been socialized and being as
he was huge, wild and gun shy nobody wanted this 1 year old boy.  Well, we
weren't ready for another dog but we took him on and foster failed right away.
His name is Cyrus.  We noticed within a few weeks that some little things that
reminded us of Maggie.  Like he snorted to agree with us.  Sat/stood on our foot
as a sign of affection.  Many little quirks.  He seemed to know all of the walks
and was interested in many of the same things.  Too many things to be
coincidence ... little manerisms.  I talked to a friend from rescue about it and
she told me that she believes that sometimes a dog opens up and lets the spirit
of your departed dog in and they become one.  And that's how you get a heart
dog.

Now everybody is gonna be looking at their dog with tears in their eyes, sorry.
But I think there's something to this.

--Dale

with Snoopy (hey, I haven't had an outburst in days)
and Cyrus (he is SO loud when he looses it but I love him anyway)

________________________________
Call me crazy, because OK, maybe I am somewhat, but the most unusual thing
happened today.  I just got in the mail today a garden basset figure from "The
Company of Dogs" store, and it is really cute, not too expensive, and I put it
under the tree that I had deemed to be the Pierre Sr. memorial tree.  I had
planted Angelica tulips there and had put a tiny bit of his ash there too.  This
is the amazing thing.  NOT ONE OF THE OTHER DOGS had a bit of interest in this
lawn ornament, except JR.  He sniffed it up and down, inside and out, all over,
and not one of the others even noticed it.  Later in the evening, Sis came home
after being on the job for a couple of days, and when she saw the figure, she
said, "Oh, a memorial for Pierre, under his tree."  I had not connected the
Pierres to this in any way, but I do believe there may be a connection, and this
was a clue to me that there is so much more in life, layers, that we barely
understand, and I know dogs know a whole lot more than we do in so many ways.
 Maybe Jr. was connecting to the spirit of Sr.  I can only wish it to be true.

God Bless to all,

Jackie and the herd