[Dailydrool] Burrowing Bassets

Gail Blann gail at frontiernet.net
Wed Aug 3 07:05:39 PDT 2011

Our basset beauty, Katy, is now 7 years old.  For the first five years she slept on the bed with us, but on top of the covers.  Two years ago she suddenly burrowed under all the covers, electric blanket, comforter, sheets, etc.  Hubby was worried that she would suffocate but I assured him that she would come out if she got too warm.  She did.  She must be under the covers and always burrows to the bottom of the bed but by morning her head is next to ours on the pillows.  Not sure why she started it, but it's ok with us - we love sharing our bed with her.