[Dailydrool] How many hours til she leaves?

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 7 12:28:49 PDT 2011

Yesterday I went to the pet store to pick up some treats...and came home with an overnight guest--an adolescent pitbull/catahoula hound mix whose foster arrangements had fallen through for the night (the local non-kill shelter was having an adoption event there yesterday and this afternoon).

Oh my heavens--I am so grateful for my basset boys. "Lupe" is an adorable, sweet dog--housetrained, friendly--but VERY active and into everything! She has not brought out the best in any of my housemates. Bo has been hiding in the bedroom. Harley is doing his best imitation of King Midas sitting on his gold. He has his toys and deer antlers stacked up underneath him on his bed and he is settled over the top of them like a chicken hatching eggs. Still, Lupe has discovered a great game--pulling out one toy and running. Harley chases her to get it back--she drops it and goes back to his stash to take another. They are both super sweet dogs and there has been no fighting, but Harley looks totally miserable. When not raiding Harley's stash, Lupe is searching out slippers and stuffies to destroy--also my quilting supplies, and she loves shredding papers. My husband is a clutterbug, so there are lots of these around. I've been out on the lawn with Lupe to give
 everyone a break, but then my absent-minded husband opens the gate and doesn't look behind him so it is chase around the neighborhood. Both my husband and Harley have been asking me, "How long til she goes back to find her forever home?" (2 hours and counting now). I am afraid to take a shower this morning because I'd have to take my eyes off Lupe for five minutes. lol. I hope Lupe finds an ACTIVE home this afternoon! Give me a senior basset hound any day. I applaud those of you with OEBE puppies. How on earth do you manage? Val