[Dailydrool] Naming bassets: OUR Onslow

Christine Merriman cmerriman9297 at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 7 14:50:59 PDT 2011

We are owned by nine-year-old Merriman's Bone-Idle Onslow, also named for sloppy but loveable Onslow on "Keeping Up Appearances" to which we are quite addicted.  Many years ago, we walked into the groomer's at PetSmart to hear the young lady say instantly "Here I sit, surrounded by no biscuits" and knew we live in a literate and civilised community!  After a succession of sweet boys rescued from Carolina Basset Hound Rescue, we this year fell in love with our first lady, named by her foster "Danika".  It took us about four minutes on the way home with her to realise we could keep the initial sound and finally have our Daisy!  Since her markings and copious freckles remind us of our lovely Louie (ATB) she is fully titled "Daisylu".  The two hounds relate much like the human versions, and they are both much loved....