[Dailydrool] SWEET SENIOR HOUND NEEDS SOME ANGELS!!

Jess'e Potts bassetlovers at mchsi.com
Wed Aug 10 11:43:56 PDT 2011

HHBR was told of Cassie, an 11 yr. old senior Basset, being in a shelter in
Southern KS. At 11 her owners surrendered her to the shelter when they were
moving & the new landlord would not allow them to bring their pets =(
Cassie's story spread across Facebook & this is where HHBR learned of her
need for rescue..how could we ever say no to that sweet girls face. As
everyone knows seniors are not the easiest hounds to place, they have more
medical needs than the young ones, they wait longer for their forever homes
& most often just end up becoming rescue's "forever fosters". Well sweet
Cassie had some Angel's looking over her that day & through the FB grapevine
a family from IN fell in love with Cassie's plight for help & became very
interested in adopting her. Their only hurdle was the distance for them...at
over 11 hrs. one way & them not knowing how to get her pulled from the
shelter they didn't think it was a possibility to adopt her. A friend on FB
connected them with HHBR when she learned we were able to help and after
going through HHBR's adoption process & being approved in every way they are
welcoming Sweet Cassie home this weekend!

Now here's the tough part..the shelter labeled Cassie as in "good health
with no concerns". HHBR of course anticipates every senior we pull needing a
routine dental, blood work ,etc. to get them on the right track to
healthiness...but Sweet Cassie has more health issues than initially thought
& we're in need of some Angel's for Cassie.

Cassie came into the shelter infested with fleas, the shelter offered her
Frontline to start killing them but this flea infestation has left her coat
in horrible condition. She also had severe dental needs & had to have 2
teeth removed along with a good cleaning. She also came with one of the most
horrid urinary tract infections...one that had clearly been with her for
quite some time & has surely caused her some pain ='( She is now on 2
different types of oral antibiotics for the skin & UTI. She also had some
large skin tags & bumps removed...along with all the minimal vetting she
needs like Rabies, HW test, HW preventative, fecal, etc. her total vet bill
is close to $400 & this is a total with a generous 50% rescue discount! The
adopters of course will pay an adoption fee but $400 is unreasonable to
request for a senior's adoption fee!

HHBR has taken in a couple of senior & medically needy hounds in the past
few months & our funds are running low. We're hoping we can fundraise some
of Cassie's vet expenses to help offset some of the costs!

Donations can be made by the Chipin link

http://hhbr.chipin.com/cassie

via PayPal directly to admin at houndshavenbassetrescue.com or sent via snail
mail to:

Hounds Haven Basset Rescue

305 N 15th St

Indianola, IA 50125

We thank you in advance for becoming one of Cassie's angels!

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at
admin at houndshavenbassetrescue.com

www.houndshavenbassetrescue.com