[Dailydrool] Duke needs drool

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Mon Aug 15 10:52:12 PDT 2011

Hi all,

We have an old guy here at Senior Houndsabound who went down in his hind end
last night.

He is at the vet today and more x-rays were done to compare with some taken
a while back and they have determined that he has an infection in his spine,
lower spine.  About a month ago, he had a very high fever for a few days and
the vet said this makes sense now about the fever because this infection can
start with a fever and then show up 3-4 weeks later.  At the time of the
fever, nothing showed up to give us any  cause to it.

He is going to stay at the vet right now,  will see how he is doing
tomorrow,  is being treated with antibiotics, and a culture has been sent
out to make sure we are treating him with the right one,  but those take a
few days to get back.  Dukes bonded with Duchess and before I took him in
this morning, she would not leave his side.   I fostered these 2 back in
2002 or 2003, for SBR.  They got adopted out and came back in last summer,
due to their owner dying of cancer.  Due to lack of space with SBR foster
homes, I agreed to keep them temp, and then temp became permanent.    I
always felt like there was a reason I got them both back in my life.  I do
not know what it is,  but I do know I am scared for Duke and just how much I
love him.  Duke has got the most awesome eyes,  there is an old soul behind
them and I don't' want to lose him.

Please keep him in your prayers and on the drool list.   I have never had
this particular medical issue come up,  so if anyone has, would love to hear
from you.

Clara..you do not need him yet ATB,  so Paws off!

Hugs and drool to all in need

wen and the Bounders

www.seniorhoundsabound.org