[Dailydrool] Tybee's surgery

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 08:16:06 PDT 2011

I've never been very good at selling stuff or asking for money but I'm going
to do it now. My nine month old foster puppy, Tybee (you can see him here at
http://barcse.org/dogs/tybee.html), has some serious orthopedic issues and,
to be very honest, Basset Rescue Crew of the Southeast just plain doesn't
have the money for the surgery that he's going to require. Ty is going to
have to have a bone in his front leg surgically broken due to a growth plate
solidifying too early while the other bones in his leg continue to grow.
Basically, his elbow is being pulled apart due to the pressure that is being
exerted on it. This is a quality of life issue for Ty's future. He is
already in pain and on pain medication but limps pretty badly even with
that. I have a wonderful vet who is willing to do the surgery and charge us
about half of what he normally would charge but BaRCSE just doesn't have the
funds to cover this expense. I'm asking all of you to please donate whatever
you can to BaRCSE. $5, $10....even your pocket change! BaRCSE is a nonprofit
organization and you will be able to write off your donation on your taxes.
Please go to barcse.org and you will see the Donate with PayPal button on
the left side of the screen. You can indicate that the donation is for
Tybee's surgery if you would like. Or please send a check to the address at
the bottom of the web page. If we are fortunate enough to raise enough money
for more than Ty's surgical costs, your donation will help with the
heartworm treatment for several of our foster dogs who are heartworm
positive or it will go to the next group of hounds we take in. BaRCSE is a
totally volunteer organization and all of our funds go to the welfare of the
hounds.

Forgive me for begging for money. All of us at BaRCSE have fallen for this
sweet puppy and want his life to be full of love, joy and play, not pain.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for anything that you're able to give.

Jane & foster buppy, Tybee