[Dailydrool] scarring the help

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 13:53:17 PDT 2011

I should have stated in my post, my dogs free range, Joey freaks out in a
crate. Not 'cage rage,' depression. He was locked in a cage for about a yr &
a half (straight) as a puppy. He doesn't like them. Also, the incident in
question, dealt with me heading to work. The dogs both tend to freak when I
leave, but according to the animal communicator, Joey is CONVINCED that I am
going to leave him!

I ALWAYS have them leashed when someone is headed over to do work, and for
'non-emergency' calls, my apartment is flagged that they need to call me to
set up a time & do NOT have permission to enter w/o me here. I also remind
them that I have the hounds, and they are turned loose during the day, so to
call me if I need to come home & take care of them in an emergency. So,
precautions are taken, but I still don't appreciate when the people who are
sent to work on things freak out, and ESPECIALLY that I was told that I was
misrepresenting my dogs. (He was convinced she was a huge mastiff or pittie
or some other massive (aka thought of as agressive) breed! Those aren't
allowed at the complex, so he was putting up a fuss about it!)

Though, much of this has to do with the issues that I have w/my complex &
them not properly fixing things the first, second & often 3rd times...  I
totally appreciate the whole 'what if someone is bitten' aspect (though,
honestly, if they told their boss they were bitten by one of my 'hundred
pound weeny dogs,' they'd be laughed out of the management office, though
that's another thing entirely!)

I don't want anyone to think I don't condone sequestering an animal when
it's necessary, I just don't believe that if I am in the apartment, it's
necessary! And, I know from past experiences of leaving the dogs in the back
room when the fixers are here that they won't let them out, as he said he
would do.

I still just don't get how people who are positively terrified of dogs are
on staff & often assigned to do things in areas where they will be expossed
to dogs in their daily work assignments! It just seems that if you have an
issue like that, the managers should make sure you are NOT the one that is
assigned to that specific job....

--
-Karrie, momma to Joey & Emma, with Slater (ATB), Aunty to Checkers, Domino
& Crispin (wb)

Joey's dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/637473