[Dailydrool] updates

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Tue Aug 16 14:14:19 PDT 2011

Hello Drool Family,
Well the DH & I went to Oklahoma last week to visit my in-laws.  I had a wonderful time but missed my boyz terribly. I couldn't take them with us because my MIL is allergic to dogs.  <sigh>  Anyways Colt & Ruger stayed home with all their Aunties taking turns to come over and take care of them.  Apparently one of the Aunties left the bucket of "bed time cookies" from the dog bakery down on the counter...well surprise surprise one of the hounds pulled it down ate all the cookies and Auntie Val found it empty on the floor the next morning.  My money is on Colt!

While in Oklahoma I found a wine called Mello Max...it has a basset sitting on a porch on the lable.  TOO CUTE.  the basset looks alot like Colt or maybe even Brudder Elwood since they are twinsies.

2 more of my favorite basset names is Cowboy and Rupert.  Colt's breeder parents called him Cowboy.  And Rupert...well its just darn cute and to me gives me a good picture of this hound in my little pea brain.

The Sheltie that had been surrendered a week & 1/2 ago because his dadperson was killed in Afganistan was adopted out last week!  YEAH!  He went to a sheltie loving home, a friend of our doggie daycare/vet/boarding/groomings office manger adopted him.  Their sheltie had made his journey to the bridge a few months ago and they were ready for another to fill the hole in their heart...so now they can fill the holes left in each others hearts.

On a very sad note: Colt & Rugers doG/God sister Hope lost her battle with cancer yesterday. Apparently she had a bad reaction to the chemo which busted up the tumor instead of shrinking it.  Hope was a 10yr old Aussie mix rescue that Auntie Shirley had found near the local Hospice Center that she works at when she was just a very young puppy.  Auntie Shirley brought her home and introduced her to Auntie Val & Uncle John whose former dogs had recently journed to the bridge.  Hope new only love from the moment that Auntie Shirley picked her up.  Hope will be missed by all of us here in our neighborhood.  Auntie Val is understandable very uspset. So everyone hug your dogs a little tighter, give them and extra kiss on their pointy little heads & let them feel the spirit of Hope!

Love and drool to all of our drool family.
Michele momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers
Ruger " Bad momma for leaving us."
Colt "But the aunties leave buckets of treats on the counter for us to help ourselves to...wink, wink, nudge, nudge"
Ruger "Momma when are you going back to grandma & grandpaw's?"

Women are Angels...And when someone breaks their wings..They simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...They are flexible like that...