[Dailydrool] Loving another

Thomas Woodward gravemast at aol.com
Wed Aug 17 13:33:33 PDT 2011

Carmen,

I lost Calypso roughly 2 years ago.  She was my first hound, and my
heart hound...I even call her my sould hound.  We were sooooo in tune
with each other it was insane.  She was dignified and
resolute....stubborn and one-minded.  I loved her for it. I had another
girl, Harley at the time.  She was younger and way different.  When
Calypso passed unexpectedly at 13 years old.....I was a royal mess.  I
wasnt sure I wanted another hound ...couldnt take the heartbreak..and
so on.  But that wasnt the plan of the higher powers (I mean bassets at
the bridge).  Leslie Wallace from Looziana decided to shut down LBHR
and she needed help placing some of the hounds.  I had no intention of
getting one 2 months after losing Calypso.  But i went and looked at
some of the hounds she had.  None of them really spoke to me initially.
  She had one hound at a foster home that I hadnt seen, so I went to
take a look at her.  Annabelle was her name.  She was a silly
clown....so pleasant and good natured...she even tried to get into the
car with me that nite.  She shared much in common with Calypso. And she
was so sweet she melted my heart and helped me heal.  I adopted her of
course.  And I know in my heart that Calypso sent her to heal me.  I
still miss Calypso....I will always.  No hound can replace her.
Annabelle is different but shares some traits.  I also love her (and
Harley and Sidney) with all of my heart.  They are all different you
see.  Each one has a piece of my heart.  Do you get another hound? If
so, When?  Let yourself heal and mourn....and an opportunity will come
up where a hound needs you.  You will know its right when it happens.
It might be sooner, it might be later, but you will know.

Tom

Slave to Annabelle (the clown), Harley (Queen Bee), and Sidney (he who
wants all of the love), and of Course Calypso (ATB and my heart and
soul)