[Dailydrool] Virginia Earthquakes

Nancy Kay nancykay9 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 17:37:03 PDT 2011

We here in Virginia are very much on edge with the 5.8 earthquake this
afternoon, and the continuing aftershocks this evening. We live in
central Virginia, about 25 miles from the epicenter of today's quake.
I was at work in Charlottesville, a bit farther away, and went running
out of our building, grabbing my car keys and my cell phone when it
started. Most folks I ran by had no clue what was happening; our 18
years of living in So Cal taught me a lot!

Bill was at home with Frank and Tina. Bill said Frank the Tank came
into his office about 20 minutes before the earthquake, and was
nervous, upset, drooling, and he laid his head on Bill's feet, and was
a general wreck. Bill even checked him for a bee sting or snake bite.
Now our friends want a phone call the next time Frank does that!

Our flashlights are by the bed, and leashes are by the door...might be
a long night.

Nancy, and Frank the Nervous Tank, and Tina, who is bothered but not bewildered.