[Dailydrool] hot spots & more

kimberly harvey puppilicious at live.com
Wed Aug 24 18:08:57 PDT 2011

hello to all. i've been reading the DD every morning with my cup of coffee. the quietest part of my day. maggie and i send our condolences to those of you that have lost your precious bassets this past week. i can't imagine the heartache. i guess we just have to remember what wonderful children they are and how much joy they bring us.  something a little funny to share. this has happened a few times before but it's been happening the last few nights. maggie knows when it's time for bed. she'll sit and wait for me . she gets in bed with me and we talk and i rub her and say goodnight then lights out and we fall asleep. when daddy comes to bed later, maggie just looks at him and stretches out so there's no room for him. he tries to move her but she won't budge. even when he can move her and get in the bed, she kicks him and eventually makes it so uncomfortable he gets up and sleeps in the recliner in the bedroom. i think it's funny , daddy gets a little annoyed and maggie (as always) gets her own way !!!  as for itching. maggie scratches all the time also. the vet said seasonal allergies but it's all year. prednisone doesn't work and she's not herself when taking it. she bites her feet too. i put socks on her and have some anti-itch spray. i don't want to sound like i'm brushing off a serious condition but don't all dogs scratch? we've also learned from xrays that maggie has arthritis in her lower back. has anyone had experience with that. maggie is 6 yrs old. what kinds of problems might we have in the future or what can we do now to lessen her pain or stop it from progressing? last. what are hot spots? thank you in advance, kimberly & maggie