[Dailydrool] Response to Question on Dog Food

Trish Olmedo trish.olmedo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 20:14:59 PDT 2011

I have really been into trying to find the most reasonable priced high
quality dog food for years. Not sure where you live but we have a locally
made dog food here in Maryland call "Verus" I fed for years and it is
extremely reasonable priced but to me, it seemed very high quality. Only
recently did I switch to something a little more expensive(Wysong) and it
had to do with  one of my bassets getting to his senior years and my basset
mix has a weight issue. I had not been disappointed at all with the Verus.
$40 for a 30 pound bag seems high to me.  I believe I was paying around $42
for a 40 pound bag of the Verus Chicken. The other hint is to shop around. I
have noticed that Petco can runs a couple of dollars more than a local
retailer so I would price compare national chains to local retailers. I have
never used it but have also heard that Cosco's Kirkland brand is also very
good.  If you are interested in mail ordering, Petfooddirect.com is another
great place to look.

Hope this helps

Tricia