[Dailydrool] The Herding Group

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 08:01:59 PDT 2011

John (DH) comes downstairs from shaving.
He is greeted by Llewis who is convinced that anytime John vanishes for a
moment he is never returning, so this is a frantic, "Oh my God you"ve been
gone forever I am so glad you're home oboy oboy you're home you're home can
we have treats now?" greeting.
John tells him no I was just upstairs.
Llewis moans.
No dog alive moans the way Llewis moans.
His voice trembles with pathos. It is almost a whine but not quite. He bumps
John with his nose and shoulders and moans.
No. No treats. No treats.
Moooooooaaaaaaaaaaanmooooaaaaaannnn bump bump bump
This of course attracts his Brother, Nigel. Nigel has an iffy back, but he
leaps up onto John who says no No Nigel, no treats.

Moooooaaaaaaaaaannn bumpbump leap leap.
Nigel crosses in back of John and leaps on his legs, shoving him.... towards
the kitchen, towards the treats. Moooannnmoooaaan bumpbumpleapleap.....A
staggered step in the right direction brings Conley at a run; he makes
little snuffly noises.
Now Llewis trots back and forth, moaning, between John and the treats, Nigel
continues bouncing at the back of John's legs and Conley follows, snuffling.
Tails thump madly. John is still saying
No treats no treats no I am not giving out treats.

But he is laughing. Everyone gets a treat, even Cooper who has not moved
from his spot in Llewis's crate, where he likes to spend his time.
John goes into the bedroom. HE VANISHES!!!
Lined up, the Basset herders wait patiently at the babygate for John to
re-appear and then they go through the whole routine again.

Who runs this house, anyway?

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper