[Dailydrool] Riding out Irene

Kr1204 kr1204 at aol.com
Mon Aug 29 09:13:50 PDT 2011

Reporting in from S. Jersey, we managed quite well with only a four hour power loss on Sun Pm after the storm had already passed. And my sump pump quit during Sun nite so there was a couple of inches of water in my basement this morning. Luckily,many of my neighbors have inground pools so I was able to borrow a portable one and get the basement emptied. A new pump arrives Wed (along with the plumber to install it). Hounds were not bothered by the storm. Loki would shoot out the door in the heaviest downpours and refuse to come in until thoroughly soaked. Crackers refused to go out at all.
Nearby towns had some flooding and I got off work today as my offices on the ground floor flooded as did our parking lot which made the news! Maybe tomorrow too!
We are gearing up for the Ramble and glad the storm came a week early!
Kathy with Crackers, Loki and Jordan and Drummer and Gracie the houseguests.
Kr1204
kr1204 at aol.com