[Dailydrool] petco

tammy jo wilke tammyjo408 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 15 06:27:16 PDT 2011

if I ever get a another basset I will never go to petco .  my story. in dec 2007, I took lexis marie  to petco for her monthly grooming. spoke to the manager of the pet grooming and said your groomers have not cut lexis maries nails for the last several times that I brought her for her monthly grooming. I always have to take her to our vet afterward as I am not driving all this distance just for nails. . look how long they are, after every grooming I have to take her to the vet to get her nails cut.  all I got was sorry sorry, I will make sure they are cut.

went to pick up  lexis , she cried all the way home, nothing my son did could get her to stop. pulled in the driveway, my son and moose got out.. then I got out and noticed alot of blood in the back seat, looked at my son to tell him that I think they cut moose's nails too short. he had blood on him. i told him to go check lexis. as I was on  crutches and walked too dang slow at that time. he said he couldnt find a back nail on her right hind paw.. just alot of blood. I called the vet and we rushed to the vet.. her nail was gone. the vet said it probably got caught in the cage and ripped off. as it was gone right to the paw pad and what was left was jagged.. antiobiotics, cleaned, wrapped.. and while we were there, petco manager called me.. oops they forgot to cut moose's nails. and to bring her back at my conveinence.. I said, her nail is gone and we are at the vet, he will clip the rest of her nails that are left..  that night we had to go to the er vet, back to our reg. vet the next day.. spent  a few thousand dollars during the month of dec 2007, jan and feb 2008, trying to make moose better, but the battle ended in feb 2008 when I had to put her down. I let petco have it.

tammy mom to lexis marie atb and shadie babe atb