[Dailydrool] Basset Names

Dossey, Gwenda G gdossey at te.com
Mon Aug 15 23:18:53 PDT 2011

We were on a roll naming our basset girls after old-time Raiders!!  We had Tatum (after Jack Tatum) and Casper (after Dave Casper) but they've left us for the bridge.  However, we still have Teddi (after Ted Hendricks) and Madden (after the coach, John Madden).

Sadie Jean came with her name and it suited her SO well that it stayed.  Then we got the puppy a couple of months ago and couldn't think of another Raider name that could be used for a girl so we ended up calling her Sasha.  Don't know how Shawn came up with that one, but it fits her well, too!!

My girlfriend went through about 5 name changes with her chow puppy - ended up calling her Hula because it looks like she's doing the dance when she wags her tail!!

Bonnie was right - most of the time the name fits the dog (basset or not)!! :)

~Gwen~ (:>