[Dailydrool] coughing

V. Tata-Phillips my4hounds at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 23 14:04:37 PDT 2011

1 dog coughing could be an allergy.  1 old guy coughing could be congestive heart failure.  One puppy coughing could be a 'puppy cold'.  Everbody coughing does not sound good - there are LOTS of strains of Bordatella (18?) and the vaccine does not protect from all strains.  Canine Influenza is very contagious also.... By all means call the vet right away!  You do not want everyone ill and you do not want a dog with a problem going into surgery - both for him and for the other dogs at the clinic.  This is a run, don't walk to the phone and call the vet!!! In my humble opinion, I must add.  And my brains are rather shaken from the earthquake in Virginia today - epicenter mere miles from our new Basset Plantation~

GinnyTata-Phillips, co-author of DOGKU, PETKU , RESKU , HORSEKU, BIRDKU and DUFFY TO THE RESCUE with TOM SCHRECK!