[Dailydrool] Racer's Poem " Brownstone's Moonracer of Switchstand"

Vickie Zehring bubadog at comcast.net
Fri Dec 2 08:23:07 PST 2011

 (510/11 to 10/4/11)   I look up in the sky tonight ,There's a brightly ,glowing ,star ,You slept from this life into next, Now I know where you are ,Your little soul was loosed, From all its earthly bounds, You must have raced into the sky,
You left without a sound ,You were the first born puppy, From your mother's womb, No one thought you were alive, It could have been your tomb ,They didn't know if you'd survive, But, they would not let you leave, This time was very different, There would not be a reprieve, I want you to know I love you, I'm sorry for all of this, I so looked forward to your life ,To all the things you'll miss, You'll never be a Champion ,or have puppies of your own ,I cannot change the way things are, But I could bring you home, Moonracer,you've been given wings ,Fly fast and fly far, I 'll see you on the other side ,cause I know where you are.                            This is a poem I wrote for Racer who died at the 2011 Nationals. I will post it on a memorial site for her when I pick one. The memories of that day are hard to leave behind and when they come, they come like a wave. Having her sister "Page " is a healing thing. (I could not get this in poem form on here ,I'm still computer disabled.) Vickie Zehring