[Dailydrool] Old Friends

Pamela McQuade bassetizedslave at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 06:16:28 PST 2011

Last night I got to visit with some old friends. Some of these folks are no longer on the Drool, though the memory of their hounds and the stories they told of them still remain fresh in the minds of long-time Droolers. TBO told incomparable tales (I count him a friend, though I think he'd died before I came to the Drool, over ten years ago); and many of us can relate to Steve Candidus' description of his Pootswaddle alarm clock. Then there are the hounds of yore: Bess With Helicopter Ears, founder of the BABES; RozeyMae, the squid slayer; Moosie, whose tongue-in-cheek Dopeycrat campaign remains in the collective Drool imagination; and Frank the Tank and his hound hickey. Nor should we forget those memorable posts from current Drooler Miss Angela Basset on Bassetude 101.

I had this visit when I pulled out my first-edition copy of YOU HAD ME AT AHROOO, Susan Randolph's compilation of stories from the Drool.

If you haven't been on the Drool so long, you may want to get a copy of the second edition, which is available at:

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/you-had-me-at-ahrooo-%28second-edition%29/4724197?productTrackingContext=search_results/search_shelf/center/1

It will help you understand the Drool that has come before. You'll be introduced to the beginning of poopsicles and will read the tale of the brown eggs. (I hope these are in the second edition, which I must admit I never got.) Even if a few of the stories I'm mentioned aren't there, you will laugh, cry, and learn of the Drool joys that have come before.

It's a wonderful Christmas gift, if you don't have a copy yet.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets