[Dailydrool] Confession

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 09:09:03 PST 2011

I get mad at my dogs. I get fed up with their shenanigans. I get tired of
letting them in and out and their barking at someone three blocks away and
their howling when we leave the house. I get worried and then annoyed when
two of the them throw up the same night. I get frustrated when Nigel wants
to do something he cannot do anymore but it upsets me, too, that he cannot.
How much of my frustration is because I feel so frustrated FOR him, I don't
know.

And it drives me CRAZY that he won't go in the backyard in his cart!!!!!!

Today he was on the bed. That is one of his appointed places. Suddenly
Llewis and Conley charged the backdoor, barking and scrabbling to get out.
I was on a ladder hanging a picture. By the time I got to the back door
there were THREE Bassets there-- Conley, Llewis AND Nigel, he having gotten
off the bed and dragged himself to the door in great excitement. Now. He
CANNOT drag himself in the yard period.

Angry and frustrated I grabbed the cart and very roughly got him into it. I
opened the door and steered him past the washer and the edge of the
door,(his wheels get caught) and around the corner to the yard. Then I left
him there. Alone except for the other dogs who were also outside. I came in
and slammed the door. THERE. YOU WANT OUT, YOU'RE OUT.

Then I cleaned up all the pee trail he had left (quite a bit) and went to
the window in the kitchen, and there he was, in the middle of the yard,
tail wagging, following the rest of them. Doggone it!! All this time he
could have been out in the yard but perhaps because we were there with him
he wouldn't move. Send them all out, and he chugged around, through the dog
poop that we missed, through leaves, over branches............. and when
the others wanted in, there he was in line at the door, cart and all.

I can't help but laugh. All this time of our coaxing and wheedling and
offering treats to get Nigel to use the cart in the yard, and all we really
had to do was leave him alone.

Bassets!!

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper.