[Dailydrool] Laney is Missing

J Marchlewski jan3luski at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 05:19:44 PST 2011

Early on Sunday morning, a foster home for Guardian Angel Basset Rescue
received a call from the police in Freeport, IL.  They asked her if she was
missing a dog.  Much to Robin's and Mark's dismay, they discovered three of
their dogs were missing.  The gate to the yard was open. The trio must have
discovered the opened gate when they went outside overnight via their
doggie door.  Two of the dogs were found quickly.  Unfortunately one basset
is still missing.  Her name is Laney.

Laney came into the rescue severely abused.  Robin and Mark failed
fostering with Laney.  It took several months before Laney would even enter
the same room as her parents.  Laney has made a little improvement over the
last two years.  She's still very afraid of people.  Laney could use your
help and prayers.

Here's an email from her mom Robin:

Hi Everyone,

Laney is still missing and has to be so cold and hungry!  We are in a
desperate push to find her before she gives in to the elements, we need her
home.

On Saturday, December 10th, we are putting forth a massive effort to find
sweet Laney by putting together a huge search party!  Laney's search will
happen rain or shine or UNLESS Laney is found before then, which we are
hoping for!!!!!

*Location:*    526 N. Hardin Ave.
                   Freeport, IL 51032

*Time:*           9:00 A.M.

*Contact*
*Information:*
*                  *  Robin Lohmeier

bassetslave75 at comcast.net<http://us.mc826.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=bassetslave75@comcast.net>
                    Home:  815-235-9723
                    Cell:  815-541-7145

                    Mark Hunziker

nurse5596 at yahoo.com<http://us.mc826.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=nurse5596@yahoo.com>
                    Home: 815-235-9723
                    Cell: 815-541-7145

*Notes:*  It's supposed to be cold on Saturday, so please dress warm and in
layers.  We ask you to bring a leash with you, if you can please.  We will
have extras, but we are not sure how many individuals will come to help.
We will also need extra flashlights please.  Bring your own coffee mugs as
we will provide coffee to keep you all warm!   Please feel free to call us
with any questions or to tell us you wish to join the search (optional)!!!!

Here are 2 links to the Freeport Journal Standard that has done stories on
Laney, thanks to the wonderful people who want to see her come home:

1.

*
http://www.journalstandard.com/archive/x1373900774/Missing-dog-Let-s-bring-Laney-home
*<http://www.journalstandard.com/archive/x1373900774/Missing-dog-Let-s-bring-Laney-home>

2.

*
http://www.journalstandard.com/archive/x1178220214/Lost-dog-alert-in-Freeport
*<http://www.journalstandard.com/archive/x1178220214/Lost-dog-alert-in-Freeport>

I didn't know if there's any droolers in the area that would help with the
search for Laney.  If you can't help with the physical search, send prayers
and drool that Laney will be found.

Jan

Lady & Dexter