[Dailydrool] Baking biscuits

Riche Churchill buglr at blomand.net
Fri Dec 9 20:11:44 PST 2011

Have no idea what suddenly possessed me to try making some dog
biscuits... but a very simple recipe in an old book, "Basset Lickin'
Good" put out by B.H.C.A.RES caught my eye and so I gave it a go. Didn't
sound that appealing to ME, but easy, which did, and the dogs love them.
Maybe I'll go fancier next time, maybe not. In any case, if you get the
urge, this recipe was submitted for the book by Laurie Felinski of
Tinley Park, Illinois:
DOG BISCUITS
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. salt (I used 1/4 tsp garlic powder instead & a pinch of No-Salt)
4 Tbsp. water
1 cup corn meal
1 cup white flour (or you can use 2 cups wheat or rye flour)
Mix together and form a dough ball. Spread out to 1/2 inch thickness (I
rolled mine thinner). Cut into shapes (mine were mostly oblongs or
square-ish). Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 25 min.
at 350 degrees. Turn and bake another 25 minutes.

They looked pretty much the same when done as when put in oven, but
browner -- and I was doubtful till an unsuspecting dog walked by...
Taste-test grade I think was an "A" since the tester asked for more. On
the other hand, they ask for more of everything.
Riche