[Dailydrool] What the DD Calender means to me.

Basset911 at aol.com Basset911 at aol.com
Tue Dec 20 20:14:13 PST 2011

I thought it appropriate at this time of year, to tell my tale of the Daily
 Drool Calendar, and what it has come to mean to me personally.

Over 10 years ago, I had a real life - which has been replaced with a
rescue life. They are two completely different things, however back in the day I
 was able to submit my own hounds photos, buy calendars and gift them to
family  and friends. I loved the calendar back then, and loved seeing my
babies;  Cocshall and Barnaby in them.  That life changed as I dedicated my time
and  efforts to Daphneyland and saving hounds, and the disposable income
went  bye-bye. No longer could I afford a calendar or to participate.

And into my life walked a basset owner who had just discovered us and the
Drool.  Little did he know that back in those days I knew almost all the DD
hounds personally, and when he "gifted" me a calendar that first year we
met, I  cried.  I barely knew him, and he gave me the DD babies, something I
could  not give myself.
He thought he had stumbled onto something that was wonderful, and who
better to have a basset a day calendar than Daphneyland? He was 100% correct and
 that copy is cherished to this day.
The tradition has continued all these years later. I love this man for that
 dedication - and the joy that seeing the babies gives to us all up here -
every  single day.

Please never take the DD Calendar for granted.  Late at night after
singing songs to the hounds and having them snore away - the last ritual of the
night at Daphneyland is to turn the calendar page to tomorrow - and I leave
the kennel every night with a smile on my face - for those are our dearest
faces  - those calendar faces smiling at us - hounds from the world over,
pampered,  loved and forever in a loving home. We may no longer know them all
personally,  however we are all family, caught in a web of basset love.

Thank you to the 2012 calendar elves - they may not have arrived, I do
however know without a doubt, that my special calendar guy will bring our
beloved DD hounds to Daphneyland for another year.

Dawn of the West
Drooler over the DD calendar - daily for more years than I care to  count.
_www.facebook.com/daphneyland_ (http://www.facebook.com/daphneyland)
_www.daphneyland.com/daphneyland_ (http://www.daphneyland.com/daphneyland)
661 269-2682
Holiday Toy Distribution is on 12/24 = the Hounds are waiting!
NYE Midnight candle ritual and blankie tuck in - email for  details.