[Dailydrool] 2012 Basset Calendar Update

Laura Salmon laurarsalmon at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 20:23:44 PST 2011

Hi all,

Michael confirmed for me that the last of the single orders shipped today.
He tried to ship the single orders with stands yesterday, and via UPS in
the hopes that they get there faster, thinking that they might be Christmas
presents.  He is extremely unreliable, but he does have a heart.

I apologize for the poor job packing and shipping them.  They should have
been shrink-wrapped, instead of one crummy rubber band around them, and
they should have been packed properly.  But there are a lot of shoulds in
this project, and all I can do is take them for learnings for next year.
If any of yours are damaged please let me know and I will get Michael to
replace them.

We did print some extras, and the company Michael is with now (he sold
Cecil Graphics this summer, hence the problems with checks being returned,
websites down, etc.) has the ability to print on demand.  So if you would
like a calendar, or liked yours so much you would like more let me know and
we can get some sent out.

I would like to thank my Elves, Susan Willet, Diana Rothe, John Falk, and
especially Kathy Strasser and Ellie Foth, without whom I wouldn't have
survived this project.  And I would like to thank all of you for your
support, and your patience.

I am going to do this next year, and do plan to make changes for the
better.  Dawn's post today reminded me of why I took this on this year, and
why I'll do it next year.  Because somehow these stubborn, messy,
Frito-smelling hounds worm their way into your heart and soul.  So many of
you who submitted your pictures shared stories about your hounds that
touched me to the quick.  It's been an honor getting to know your babies.
Happy Chanukah, Merry Christmas, and all the best for the new year.  Laura