[Dailydrool] The world is an awful place

Tim Mayer tcm541 at embarqmail.com
Mon Dec 26 18:19:24 PST 2011

The world is an awful place. It isn't fair. Life just isn't fair. I'm now
"DadPerson" to only two dogs.

But the shock of it all, is that the youngest died today. Not the 17.5 year
old, who is literally dying before my eyes, and is on his last legs (when
they work!) - no. Not him. It was the 11 year old sheltie, Dreamer.

Dreamer unexpectedly passed in his sleep this morning while I was out of
town. The couple who were watching him delivered him to my vet's office.
They checked his records, and since he had a heart murmer, they believe the
heart just shut down. I won't bother with the expense of determining if that
is, in fact, correct or if something else went wrong, because I've spent
tons of cash on the old dog keeping him going this month.

Beethoven, bless his heart, and Maggie d'Earest (AKA Buffalo Butt) are still
with me. Beethoven will probably not last more than another week or two. But
until then, the hounds will be over-hugged and pet excessively while I drown
my sorrows in the comfort of their warm snuggles.

Goodbye, Dreamer. You will be missed.