[Dailydrool] Sadie Mae

debbie jenkins homerandbob at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 11:17:48 PST 2011

Today five years ago, my sweet Sadie Mae went to the Bridge. We set her free
from her pain due to lymphoma. I thought I could type this today without
sobbing, but I still can't. I still miss her so much and love her with all
my heart.

Letting her go was the right decision but such a painful one. We adopted her
from Cascadia Basset Hound Rescue. She was found on the streets of Tacoma
with a huge ruptured cyst on her right hind leg. She had obviously been used
as a breeder and when she got too old I am sure whoever the nasty asshole
was that owned her, just dumped her. It just kills me to think she was out
there wandering around with no one to care for her. I just hope it wasn't a
long time. We will never know. What I do know is, she was so sweet, so
grateful to have a forever home.

She was graying, sway backed and had lumps all over but to me she was the
most beautiful girl in the world. We would go on short little walks and I
would tell her as we walked that she was my beauty queen girl. And she was
and always will be. So my little girl, Mama loves you with all her heart and
misses you every day.

Mom to Sadie Mae (ATB), Homer, Bob and Zoe Jane