[Dailydrool] Tucker

Mary Lee Trnka mltrnka at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 5 20:21:24 PST 2011

Thank you, everyone, for your sweet responses to my post about our Tucker.  My DH was really touched by all the folks who sent personal messages to us.

It has been a little over a week now.  Although we miss him greatly, we know we made the right decision at the right time.  We live in western Missouri. As we watched the snow and ice pile up last week, we asked each other several times, "What would have happened to our poor baby if he had to try to get out to potty in the 8 - 10 inches of snow in the back yard?"  Then we had a couple days of sub-zero temperature.  All of this would have been so difficult for him.  I can't imagine how horrible it would have been if something had gone wrong, and we could not have gotten out with him.

So we are all carrying on with our memories of Tucker, knowing he's safe, happy, painfree and warm.  Our rescue basset, Philby has become even more of a velcro dog and is loving on us even more than he did before.

Thank you, again, for all the encouraging words.

Mary Lee