[Dailydrool] Rules of the Shelter Challenge

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 7 23:08:23 PST 2011

Linda brings up an interesting point. The rules of the Shelter Challenge say
"one vote per person per day"; If the contest discovers that a shelter has been
registering more than one vote per person per day, then the votes will be
disqualified. My husband asked me, "You mean, one vote per IP address per day,
since it seems like folks would vote both from a home computer and a work
computer if allowed?" Well, I don't know--it says per person.

It seems unlikely to me that many voters at many different shelters are
following the rules. I also have a hard time imagining that some of the centers
can muster the huge amount of votes which they seem to muster if each vote comes
from an individual person voting once a day. (With a great many Droolers voting,
Ozark is still 27 in the overall rankings and barely ahead of Wynne--do each of
these other centers have a network larger than the Drool? If so, that is
amazing. If not, I suspect the playing field is not really level). I do not
think as an organization we should endorse breaking the rules, though I think
individuals should follow their own minds. Anyway--just a thought.