[Dailydrool] How to stop a rescue from marking?

Elizabeth Franz lizjnf at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 18:51:40 PST 2011

Bentley has now been with us for a week, and he is doing some marking,
as well as pooping in the house.  If we catch him in the act, we are
telling him no....

But tonight he marked the loveseat, and my neck pillow.  He is looking
like he is goin to be the alpha, although I was told he was a Beta dog
at when we got him from rescue.  Valentine is the ultimate whimp dog,
so Bentley being alpha doesn't surprise me.

So... now do we stop the marking and pooping when we can't catch him
in the act?  He is not doing a ton, but any is too much.  Any
suggestions are appreciated!  He is going in for a vet check tomorrow.

Elizabeth,
Valentine and Bentley
(Alexis and Annie ATB)