[Dailydrool] The Good Old Days

Marie28443 at aol.com Marie28443 at aol.com
Tue Feb 15 13:56:27 PST 2011

Once upon a time, the Daily Drool was a place  for laughter and tears.  We
shared good and bad experiences with our  Bassets, shed tears when a loved
Basset went To The Bridge, encouraged each  other through injuries and
illnesses and were an extended family.  I made  so many friends because of the
Daily Drool and our friendships have lasted over  the years.

Several years ago, the BABES and OEBE adventures were "kicked  to the
boards" because a few people on the Daily Drool objected.   The  justification
given to us was that somebody thought a hound had been injured in  one of
their adventures - they couldn't tell the difference between fiction and
reality.  Yet when their adventures were being posted, we received numerous
emails from Droolers all over the world asking permission to forward the
articles to non-Droolers.  Obviously, a lot of Droolers enjoyed the antics  of the
hounds or their wouldn't have received so many cheerful comments or
compliments.  Not every subject is going to be of interest to everyone but  the
Daily Drool was diversified.

I was shocked by the article on  cremation.  It not only was very poor
taste but an absolutely disgusting  post for the Daily Drool.

Maybe we need to revert to what the  Daily Drool was years ago.  Bring back
the laughter, smiles and the feeling  of a sharing family.  I strongly
believe that this post will never get on  the Daily Drool but, if it does, I
hope other Droolers express their feelings  over the changes in the past few
years.

Marie
Scarlet and Megan  Mariah