[Dailydrool] Miss Manners

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 05:58:37 PST 2011

The Drool is like a little society. There are rules and regs that keep it
running straight and true.
The Mod Squad is kind of like our own Miss Manners.
They remind us to be polite, follow the rules, try to be tolerant.
Without them the Drool would become just another list. Eventually it would
dissolve, like any business without a Board of Directors, into anarchy. The
wonderful uniqueness of being able to find help with a Basset specific
problem, or know there are Basset people out there who understand how you
feel when your dog is ill, or all the wonderful people we meet and can be
friends with, would be gone.
It would be just another List.
If we want the Drool to continue to be the Daily Drool then we accept the
rules and regs the Mod Squad attempts to enforce, at the same time
understanding that they are people too, not unfeeling drones.
As often as I have lost my temper on the Drool, as often as I have been
convinced advice was wrong, as egotistical as I am, I have no quarrel with
the way the List is run. I would hate to lose it.
Remember your manners. I know we all have them. What has happened to them?

MomPerson, on behalf of Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper, who are worried
about their Daily Drool.