[Dailydrool] Children and the phone

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 18 20:25:34 PST 2011

When my boys were little, it seemed like every time I was on the phone, they were putting their best efforts into making as much noise and mayhem as possible.  You would think those days are in the past since they are 24, 22 an 18.  I found out differently today.  And I was on the phone ordering pizza for them too.  Boyslave #2, Dan, decided that the best time to see how lound Marley could grump would be when I picked up the phone.  He was picking Marley up and holding her like a baby.  She is one grumpy girl..  If everything is not to her liking, she wastes no time in bellowing about it.  She was really mad or mainly acting like it.  BS#2 just kept lifting her up and down like she was a 65 pound weight.  It is things like that that make me crazy.  I think she secretly loves all the attention.  Someday I guess my kids will grow up.  She is now sleeping in the very small puppy bed with her avecado peel.  At least she is in the bed and not under it.

I guess I am the grump tonight.  Is it just me or do all slaves of bassets have this problem?  There must be hidden switches on the easy chair and couch.  The minute the DH or I sit down one or more bassets must go outside.  It will always be an emergency too.  This does not happen unless we sit down and get comfortable.  So the slaves, or at least one of them, get up to let the bassets out.  Then they sit down again and get comfy.  The switch is then activated  because the outside bassets have to come in that second.  And they never all go out at the same time.  Or come in together either.  If one of us stands by the door, noone has to come in or go out.  Funny how that works.  Just one of the more fun aspects of being owned and operated by basset hounds.

We wish everyone a peaceful night and a lovely weekend.  It is nice and warm here now.  The snow is mostly gone.  Let the mud games begin.  16 paws in a muddy back yard is not my idea of fun.  Oh, well.

Ninja, Marley, Maggie, Shelby,  the basset-like kitty boys and the momslave