[Dailydrool] Hives

Elizabeth Franz lizjnf at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 17:59:50 PST 2011

Twice since Bentley has come to live with us, my daughter has
developed hives, both times after snuggling with him.  She has cuddled
with Valentine for the past 4 years, with no problems.  I have also
noted that my skin itches after direct contact with Bentley.

My daughter was in tears last night, because she doesn't want to get
rid of him (he has only been here 2 weeks).  I find it a bit odd that
one dog seems to cause the problem, but not the other.

So, I dosed her with Zyrtec this morning, and we will see how she
does.  She also has eczema, but hates the greasy ointment we have to
settle it down.  So far, her eczema looks a ton better, and she says
she is itching less.  TIme will tell if the Zyrtec does the trick.  I
sure hope so, because Bentley fits so well into our lives, and
Valentine loves having a buddy.  So say a few prayers that the zyrtec
does the trick.... other wise we have a hound problem.  We aren't too
eager to give up either Bentley OR the daughter!

Elizabeth
Valentine and Bentley
(Alexis and Annie ATB)