[Dailydrool] Baby Duck

Carol Gazzara carolgazzara at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 27 05:34:04 PST 2011

My teen daughter brought home an orphaned duckling.  Guess WHO is taking care of it?  Yes, Me, Mom (nothing unexpected there right?).

  Well, this duckling has taken a shine to our Rosie and Rosie couldn't care less.  I have tried to get photos to post but every time I get the camera, they move.  The duckling LOVES Rosie's ears (nothing new there either) and tries to get under them to take a nap.  The duckling follows Rosie everywhere and Rosie is now taking to hiding upstairs when she knows the duckling is out and about.  Of course we think it's so cute but I can tell that Rosie's patience in wearing thin so were are very cautious. Rosie doesn't have a mean bone in her Basset body but one never knows.

   Of course as this duck grows and can be set free (we live across the street from a large lake), I do believe Rosie will miss it.  That is if it ever truly leaves.  I have a feeling it will always be nearby since we now mean food.

If I do manage to get some photos of the two together, I will be sure to post them as this "relationship" is just too cute.

Carol & Rosie in Florida