[Dailydrool] Do it yourself cremation

Laura echelbarger lauraechelbarger at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 19:41:34 PST 2011

I am sorry, but I have to agree.  The images have stuck with me all day, but
I thought it was because our 14 yr old Golden passed two weeks ago and it
hit too close to home.
On Feb 13, 2011 10:33 PM, "Dawn" <bassetslave at comcast.net> wrote:
> The DAILY DROOL
> An internet mail list designed to
> entertain and inform basset hounds
> and their people.

> ----
> / \__
> |\ / @ \
> \ \_______| \ .: O
> \ ##| | \__/
> | ####\__/ \
> / / ## \|
> / /__________\ \
> L_JJ \__JJ
> -----------------------------
>
> Daily Drool Website:
> http://www.dailydrool.com
>
> Vote for Basset of the Week: http://www.dailydrool.com/botw.html
>
> Dictionary of Common Drool Terminology:
> http://mysite.verizon.net/msrandolph/
>
> Daily Drool Archives:
> http://lists.dailydrool.org/pipermail/dailydrool-dailydrool.org/
>
> Old Daily Drool Archives:
> http://oldarchives.dailydrool.org/dailydrool/
> I have been Drooling daily since March 1996. Have found information,
friends, not friends, travel, a cause and both enjoyed/loathed any number of
topics. In those nearly 15 years I have never been as disgusted as by the
instructions on how to cremate at home. The perfunctory apology is NOT an
excuse and I can't imagine which of the moderators let that through. Aside
from any question of legality, it was in such horrific taste that the mental
image literally makes me ill. My bassets kidding about roasting felines was
deemed in bad taste, but how to cremate is welcomed? That post was horrific!

> .....and starts with a grossly inflated price being quoted. We have had
the misfortune to require the services of a crematory a number of times in
recent years. Including last spring. The price was $160. If someone wishes
not to pay the mark up of a veterinarian, the answer is to deal directly. It
is not to engage in the deplorable actions detailed.