[Dailydrool] Do it yourself cremation

Dayna Whitehead Dayna.Whitehead at comcast.net
Thu Feb 17 03:59:45 PST 2011

I apologize for being behind in my drools, but took some time off from
reading them since that horrific post. I am now catching up. I debated
leaving the drool because of that. I finally came to conclusion that I learn
more than I find annoying/irritating/disgusting. I have never, ever gotten
into the debates regarding the politics of the posts. I've been with the
drool off and on since 2000 and have to agree with Dawn 100%. I made it
halfway through the post and was physically ill. I could not finish. While
this is a time of economic hardship, we should not be taking in more pets
than we can comfortably afford and that includes the passing of our beloved
basset babies. My vet charges $200 for the cremation services of a local
facility and that is the average price in the area where I live, southern,
central Michigan. I feel a better way could have been to post that if anyone
wanted to know the details of how to perform the said cremation, then to
contact the individual off list. Please, we do NOT want to know the graphic
details of such a thing that could happen to our precious babies. I just
suffered an unexpected loss of one of mine and that was the last thing I
wanted to endure. It was bad enough having to pick up my Bubba's ashes from
the vet, much less knowing how it how it could be potentially performed.

Dayna
mailto: Dayna.Whitehead at comcast.net

Mom to: Pierre and LaBelle, Bubba ATB (1/24/2011) and notabassets Izzy and
Elke