[Dailydrool] Objectionable posts

Esther Strom esthermstrom at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 15 16:02:55 PST 2011

To elaborate on Pam's post, I used to run into this all the time when I got the
digest version. You can't get to the parts you want without scrolling through
the parts you don't. The way I got around it was to change my Drool subscription
to individual posts, then set up a filter in my email program (I use Yahoo, so I
set up a folder and a filter; gmail users can set up a tag.) All incoming Drool
posts go into a specific folder, and when I have a few minutes I go into the
folder and scan the individual subject lines. If I see something I don't want to
read, I just delete it without even opening the message.

To change to individual posts, go
to http://lists.dailydrool.org/listinfo.cgi/dailydrool-dailydrool.org and enter
the address you receive the Drool at in the box at the very bottom of the page
(under Dailydrool Subscribers.) Then click the button labeled "Unsubscribe or
Edit Options". Enter your password on the next screen (if you don't
know/remember it, use the Password Reminder button.) Once you're logged in, you
should see "Dailydrool mailing list membership configuration for <your address>"
at the top of the page. Scroll down to the subscription options, and check the
Off radio button under Set Digest Mode. Then click the Submit My Changes button
at the very bottom.

Esther, Basil, and Waldo ATB