[Dailydrool] Poppy's through surgery

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 12:04:36 PST 2011

I'm sure those of you with multiple bassets (hey, isn't that most of you?)
have experienced the difficulty in taking one of them in the car and leaving
the others.  Denying Poppy water during the night, meant denying the other
two.  They couldn't be fed until she was out the door.  It took creative
moves to get her out the door without the other 2.  We got a call from the
vet and  the old girl made it fine through her surgery (lumps).  However
they found another bad tooth during her dental so out it came.  Poor old
girl,  apparently there wasn't much bone there.  We'll be picking her up in
a few hours.  The other two are searching the house for her.  The house is
very quiet without her barking.  I just know that she'll be "yelling" at us
big time once the drugs wear off.  My big question - what can we expect
after a tooth extraction?