[Dailydrool] Poppy's through surgery

Susan Woodward critters4 at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 3 12:32:57 PST 2011

Dear Julie,

Usually they are a bit drowsy afterwards and my vet sends me home with pain
pills for them and that seems to do the trick. There is some moaning but I'm
not sure if that isn't the after affects of the anesthesia. They WANT to eat
like pigs but feed/water in small portions or else they will get sick (seems
the anesthesia seems to make them tend toward nausea) and that will really
hurt that toofie. In fact I have found ice cubes are a great favorite for
two reasons: 1) It helps the pain and 2) The water is ingested in small
amounts that way. Next day, everything is back to normal. Basset appetite
and counter cruising resumed.

Hope this helps...

Susan & critters