[Dailydrool] Chocolate and dogs

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Wed Jan 5 13:11:20 PST 2011

I got an e-mail that had this very helpful link on how much chocolate will harm a dog:

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2007/10/pets/chocolate-chart-interactive.html

I was fascinated that you could see how much your dog could ingest safely, based on its weight (not that I am suggesting that any dog have chocolate, but sometimes a stolen piece or two will not hurt).

Jane will attest to the fact that even white chocolate can be harmful, since she spent a few days at the emergency vet's after contracting pneumonia after she threw the stuff up.

I hope this note goes through as a plain text, since that's how I told Verizon to format it. If not, I have to wait until I can talk to my computer guy and get another program set up for plain text. Oh, the horrors of having your computer crash and having to reload all your software!
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets