[Dailydrool] sprains

fatfencer fleuretist at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 06:42:25 PST 2011

My rescued Plotthound is favoring his right rear paw. Sometimes he walks on
it ok, other times he curls it up and hops. sometimes in the middle. That he
walks on it at all makes me think its a sprain. He's almost 2 and is
rambunctious as hell.

My wife and I have felt around and although it seems tender enough for him
to pull away a little, he's not trying very hard either so its not too
painful. Caging him just makes the symptoms worse temporarily until he
loosens up a bit.

Are there any wraps I can try? My vet's office visits don't include basic
care like sprain wraps and such. It's been about 2 weeks now. Again, ranging
from seeminglynormal to him pulling his leg off the ground and hopping...
all the while PLAYING!!

Youth is wasted on the young.