[Dailydrool] sprains

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Fri Jan 7 17:03:59 PST 2011

Are you sure that he sprained his paw?  He is still in the age range for Pano.
I know that when

Sadee Maye had pano she was worse with crate rest or after taking a long nap.
After she got
up and moved around for a bit she would then be running like the wind
most days.  When it really
bothered her she would limp.  Luckily, because of the DD family I had learned
the signs of pano
and asked for x-rays.  She had pano lesions in both front legs.   I gave her a
baby aspirin on really
bad days and we used Joint Strong, then the cheaper SOD Boswellia along with
Glucosamine

Chondroitin.  The other thing I did on the bad days was use heat followed by ice
which is very healing

and  did seem to help a lot.

I am always reluctant with split wrapping unless I know the reason.  Sometimes
you can make a problem
worse by wrapping/splinting.  After going through the nightmare caused by the
surgeon wrapping Bazzle's
leg to tight and the failure of the vet/techs not doing a proper check I
am overly cautious with any wrap now.

Just our thoughts,
Karen and The Dog House Gang