[Dailydrool] the "good couch"

sfwill at aol.com sfwill at aol.com
Mon Jan 10 12:09:28 PST 2011

coming from new england, i was raised in a house that had not a living room, but a "parlor."
at 62 now, i still have a parlor.  it is furnished with beautiful, turn of the century antiques, including a couch and armchair & ottoman;  these pieces are covered in a satin/brocade.  when company comes, i entertain in that room.  my gus loves the chair, so i have a sheet covering it and the ottoman.  on the couch, i have 2 folding chairs stretched out, so he has no access.  when company is coming, the sheets and chairs are removed.  and if a guest sits on the couch, and gus feels the need for loving from that guest, than so be it.  it's his house.
when the company leaves, the sheet and chairs go back on and everything's good.
in my den, i have a lovely old, old, old, red leather armchair; he loves it and snoozes in it often.  i cover that with an old flannel duvet cover, just so when he's frantically "making his bed" with his front paws, he won't rip the leather.  on my 20 yr old couch in the den, i have a slip cover that gets washed every week.  i had been looking for a new couch before gus arrived, but once he did it was clear that he loves to get loving on the couch, so why get a new one?  the slipcover is one that i happen to love, so it works for both of us.
it's his home, and he's happy so i'm happy.
susan, loving slave to gus
gus-wen hers not home me tek the cobbers off ebryting an den put dem bek when hers comes home.  bwwwhahahahaah