[Dailydrool] Diet and thanks....

Janice Black jab1 at gwi.net
Wed Jan 12 03:49:50 PST 2011

I can certainly empathize with those slaves to fluffy bassets.  My beloved Edna was 74 pounds dispite daily beach runs....we always said she had big bones and a very pretty face. Every visit to the vet found her walking dutifully to the scale with no prompting.  The morning I took her in for her trip to the bridge she walked right to the scale...the vet and I couldn't help but laugh... sadly she was down to 54 pounds....damn stomach cancer.  One of our beach walkie friends was a very overweight beagle.  Her slave put her on a diet supplemented with plain air popped pop corn.  Her weight loss and her ability to sustain the loss was attributed to the popcorn.  Hasn't worked too well for me but evidently it works well for hounds!!

Thanks for the daily link for shelter voting.  I have switched from a Mac to a PC and I haven't figured out how to bookmark important addresses....the daily link insures my vote.  Fingers and paws crossed for Ozark Mountain.

It was two months ago yesterday that my 15 year old Emily made her trip to the bridge.  I still have her bed in the kitchen and one in my school office...I see her so clearly. Today is my first snow day off from school. How she loved  burrowing through the drifts then snoozing in front of the fire place.  Much like me!!

Snooters to all hounds and a very happy and healthy new year to all Droolers.

Janice and Emily , The Donald, Edna, George, Puppy 1, Puppy 2, Puppy 3, Funny Girl and Lille Girl all good bassets awaiting me ATB...along with a myriad of cats....do hope I recognize each one!!!